- Basic and advanced vocabulary on the topics of everyday life and the world around us
- Basic concepts of letters and sounds.
- Basic concepts of numbers and geometric shapes.
- The development of fine motor skills and coordination.
- Sensory activities: games with small grains, play-doh, and materials of different textures.
- Creative projects devoted to the topics studied: drawing, cutting, applying, modeling, etc.
- Design, problem solving and puzzles.
- Reading independently and with teachers.
- Singing and dancing.
Programme of Inquiry
English Playschool has developed its Programme of Inquiry using the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum framework. This incorporates local and global issues into the curriculum through six transdisciplinary themes. The themes are:
- Who We Are
- Where We Are In Place and Time
- How We Express Ourselves
- How the World Works
- How We Organize Ourselves
- Sharing the Planet
Our Programme of Inquiry is a framework that guides us in providing our students with an outstanding education and equipping them with the tools they need to become lifelong learners, making informed and ethical choices in our changing world.
We are always happy to answer questions about English Playschool Programme of Inquiry and the Primary Years Programme curriculum framework. We also run workshops for parents to help them learn more about our curriculum and how parents can support their children’s learning.
|Transdiciplinary theme||Who we are||Where we are in place and time||How we express ourselves||How the world works||How we organize ourselves||Sharing the planet|
|An inquiry into...||human relationships including families, friends, communities, and cultures||How we are special||Let's go planting||City vs Country|